IsoTek’s most affordable rack-width component conditioner improves audio and audio-visual electronics whilst fitting neatly into a hi-fi rack – an award- winning, simple and effective way to upgrade the sound of your hi-fi.
- Removes Common Mode and Differential Mode mains noise.
- RFI reduction 45dB.
- Independent outlets – no outlets are connected together, stopping Differential Mode cross-contamination.
- Unique Individual Differential Gate© filter network improves the isolation between each of the six outlets, further eliminating cross contamination.
- KERP© (Kirchoff’sEqualResistancePath) ensures equal resistance and equal power delivery across all outlets. No outlet gets power before the next, a common problem with other power products which daisy chain outlets together.
- 22,500A of instantaneous protection, featuring IsoTek’s unique sequential protection system.
- Internal wiring; multi-strand silver platted OFC copper with PTFE dielectric.
- Maximum power, continuous 2,300W.
- Available in UK, EU, US, AU, CH and ZA sockets.
Positioned between the entry-level Sirius and highly acclaimed Aquarius in IsoTek’s range, the EVO3 Solus builds upon the design of the outgoing GII Solus by incorporating a number of technologies trickled down from the company’s top-end power conditioning units. Up to six audio components may be connected, delivering a cost-effective way to significantly upgrade the sound quality of every source and amp component in a hi-fi system.
Mains noise can be broken down into two types. The first is differential noise, which is typically caused by switching – everything from a light switch to the switch-mode power supplies used in common domestic appliances. The second is common mode noise, which emanates from a point source, such as a radio transmitter. These noise types are complete opposites, yet they exist side by side and arrive in the home via live and neutral mains cables.
IsoTek has enhanced a number of key circuits to ensure the EVO3 Solus tackles both differential and common mode noise with even greater effectiveness than the GII model it replaces. The sophisticated delta filter network has been significantly improved, while newly devised individual differential filtering is applied to each of the unit’s six outputs, preventing cross-contamination between connected audio components.
IsoTek’s proprietary K.E.R.P. and Polaris-X technologies are also integrated into the design. K.E.R.P. (Kirchoff’s Equal Resistance Path) equalises resistance across all outlets, thereby increasing the effectiveness of the internal filter networks. Polaris-X ensures that the electrons take the easiest route, thus reducing crosstalk and improving component-from-component isolation.
In addition to improved filtering, the EVO3 Solus delivers greater protection against spikes and surges in the mains supply, with 22,500A of instantaneous, repeatable protection on tap. In contrast to inferior designs, a full 10 amps of current can be drawn at any time, delivering power of up 2300VA with unrestricted transient ability – this is especially important for power amplifiers. Silver-plated oxygen-free copper wiring is used throughout, while the unit’s sturdy rack-width aluminium casing ensures it is built to last.
The system diagram below illustrates the various processes as electricity travels from a wall socket through the EVO3 Solus, to each of the six individually filtered outlets.
With advanced, proprietary technologies delivering class-leading mains filtering, the new EVO3 Solus is a superbly cost-effective way to enhance and safeguard any high-quality audio system.
IsoTek does not believe in suppling or including poor quality £1.00 black plastic power cables with its products.